Here are six points that lay at the foundation of my approach. All six points are quite reasonable. In fact, I would maintain that not only are they all reasonable, but they are also more reasonable than the position that would deny them:
1. Data are part of objective reality; evidence is an interpretation of the data and is thus a mental construct.
2. Evidence against evolution is not evidence for design.
3. Evidence for evolution is not evidence against teleology.
4. Evolution and design can co-exist.
5. Without independent evidence of the designers, science cannot address the question of design in life. We must step outside of science to address this question.
6. It is illogical to insist that the designer must be God, as this is neither a required assumption nor a necessary conclusion when it comes to analyzing something through the light of design.
In other words, if you disagree, you are wrong.