Since it has now been two years since the publication of The Design Matrix, I thought I would take a brief moment to reflect before Turkey Day.
As is stands, I remain deeply satisfied with the book. Two years out, and I can conclude thus far that:
- The Design Matrix remains the only book that outlines a systematic, nuanced, and open-ended approach for evaluating a teleological case for life’s design.
- The Design Matrix is the only book that outlines a systematic, positive, logical case for the front- loading of evolution.
- No one has refuted or identified any fatal flaw in the approach outlined in The Design Matrix.
- No one has refuted or identified any fatal flaw in the case for front-loading evolution that is outlined in The Design Matrix.
- The Design Matrix contains many novel arguments that have not been refuted.
- The central metaphor behind The Design Matrix has not been discredited.
- Since the publication of The Design Matrix, the case for the plausibility of front-loading has become stronger, as can be seen from the multiple, specific examples I have explored on this blog.
All in all, a deep sense of contentment. We shall see what the future holds.